[LACNIC/Napla] Opportunity for training at the USTTI program for April 2009

Michael De Leo (mdeleo) mdeleo at cisco.com
Fri Jan 16 21:53:40 BRST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

The United States Technology Training Institute (USTTI) Program is
initiating the planning for the next workshop for ISPs. Cisco is a
sponsor for a program every 6 months and it seems that there are
openings at this time. I think there might be some interest of helping
some ISPs and SP in Latin America and the Caribbean to participate. If
you know of anyone, I suggest they can sign up for the next workshop
that will be held in April. I suggest they submit as soon as possible
because of potential visa challenges to enter the U.S. from certain
countries.

For more information so you can become familiar with US
Telecommunications Training Institute (http://www.ustti.org
<http://www.ustti.org/> ) "The USTTI is a non-profit joint venture
between leading US based communications and IT corporations and leaders
of the Federal government who together provide tuition-free management,
policy and technical training for talented professionals from the
developing world."

Cisco is only responsible for conducting the ISP Workshop (M9-132)

http://ustti.org/courses/display.php3?CourseID=121
<http://ustti.org/courses/display.php3?CourseID=121>

and the next course begins April 20th, 2009. This three week advanced
Workshop is designed to train ISP engineers in the best practices of
network design, operations and security.

Because this is a ongoing program, I can also suggest reapplying for
Fall if these dates are not convenient.

Written and spoken English is a requirement!

Regards,

Michael De Leo
CTO Consulting Engineer / CTO LATAM
Office of the CTO

P.s. My apologies for not translating. Una disculpa por no traducir.