[Iot-lacnog] Session on IoT4D

Marco Zennaro mzennaro at ictp.it
Wed Oct 7 10:04:58 BRT 2015

Dear colleagues,

I am really glad about this new mailing list on IoT! I will probably be the only one writing in English, but I do understand Spanish.

If you are involved in an interesting IoT project, please consider submitting a paper to the conference below.

Thanks!
Marco

Marco Zennaro, PhD
Telecommunications / ICT for Development Laboratory
the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Web:	         	http://wireless.ictp.it

The UNESCO Chair invites authors from research, industry, policy or civil society to submit their abstracts under one of the Breakout Sessions.

I invite you to submit papers to the breakout session "IoT4D: Potential and Open Issues in IoT for Development”.

Extended abstracts should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.

The extended abstract should include:

- A focused description of research objectives and research methodology, or if appropriate, description of case study objectives and outcomes.
- Potential development impact
- Recommendations for future research and application in practice

Abstracts in English will need to adhere to the 1,000-1,500 word limit using the prescribed template and submitted online no later than 6 November 2015.

Papers accepted to be presented at the Conference will either be selected for submission to the Journal of Development Engineering (Elsevier) or will be published as electronic proceedings on the conference website.

More info here: http://cooperation.epfl.ch/2016Tech4Dev/BreakoutSessions#ICT4D