[It-women] Young Latin American Women Declaration: Enabling access to empower young women and build a feminist Internet Governance

Laura Kaplan lkaplan at lacnic.net
Tue Nov 1 11:12:27 BRST 2016

Hi Renata

Thank you for sharing this information.

It's a great opportunity for all the women participating in the IGF
during that week in Guadalajara.

Laura

El 1/11/16 a las 2:15, Renata Aquino Ribeiro escribió:
> Hi
>
> Sharing a background paper registered in the Joint CS Meeting
> Background Papers space
>
> "The Young Latin American Women Declaration aims to present our views
> and perspectives on the present Internet and also to appeal for an
> inclusive work that reflects not only about women, but also includes
> our perspectives not only as native and active participants of the
> Internet, involved in Internet governance and interested in fighting
> for a free and open Internet for everyone." [Excerpt}
>
> Authored by the Youth Observatory, organization which was in Youth LAC
> IGF, LAC IGF and has a number of projects on youth and internet
> governance, also a collaborative effort w/ BPF Gender and Access
>
> The declaration will be a topic also of the breakout session on
> "Regional Engagement in Internet Governance in LAC and developing
> countries"
>
> Young Latin American Women Declaration: Enabling access to empower
> young women and build a feminist Internet Governance
>
> http://bestbits.net/youth-observatory-statement-on-building-a-feminist-internet-governance/
>
> Joint CS Meeting registration
>
> http://bestbits.net/events/joint-cs-2016/
>
> Session on  "Regional Engagement in Internet Governance in LAC and
> developing countries"  #IGRegional
>
> http://bit.ly/igregionaligf
>
> Thanks

      Laura Kaplan

*Gerente de Desarrollo y Cooperación*
Development and Cooperation Manager

/LACNIC - www.lacnic.net <http://www.lacnic.net>
Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry/