[Lacigf] Gracias

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:25:28 BRT 2012

There were two things that stood out for me at the LACIGF.
The first was the difficulty we seem to have in distinguishing between
issues of Internet governance and possibilities for the application of ICT
solutions to life in general. There is a tendency for discussions to slide
sideways from governance/policy issues into discussion of the practical
application of ICTs.
The second point is Carlos Afonso's insistence on the need for
documentation and follow up, and his (implied) reminder that Internet
governance should be an ongoing discussion rather than a collection of
individual meetings. I hope that, if he is selected as a civil society
speaker at the opening main session in Baku, he will try to include this
point in what he has to say.
I found the meeting in Bogota both useful and interesting and I applaud
this initiative to let the discussion continue.
De

2012/10/4 Juan Manuel Rojas <jumaropi at yahoo.com>

> Excelente!
> Ahora, cuáles eran los temas que queríamos seguir discutiendo?
> Aquí están nuevamente los resúmenes de las sesiones:
> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/igfColombia
>
> Un abrazo a todos,
>
> JUAN MANUEL ROJAS
> Comunicador Social
> Presidente - AGEIA DENSI Colombia
>
> Twitter: @JmanuRojas <http://www.twitter.com/jmanurojas>
>
> Unete a LACRALO:

> Saludos,
> Natalia Enciso
>
> Enviado desde mi iPhone

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979