[Lacigf] Internet Governance Schools and Fellowship

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Fri Oct 31 11:47:28 BRST 2014

Thanks Olga and Deirdre,

Some questions I've received in other mailing groups let me fix the question. The core objective of my article will be to provide for the newbie all information they need to join the debate, by learning at IG Schools and/or in person trough any fellowship / scholarship program.

The initiative to write this article is to break the borders for IG actors, since the majority that use this fellow/scholarship just are already involved on IG.

All the time based on my "Bottom Dillema" http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141030_the_bottom_dilemma/ since this I was focused on increase the bottom of debate. Now I'm working in 3 projects related to it: Net Neutrality for all, Governance for all and Youth LAC.

[]s
Joao Carlos Caribe

Em 31/10/2014, às 07:47, Olga Cavalli escreveu:

> Oi Joao,
> nice initiative.
> I will send you later today documents with an overview of the South School on Internet Governance that we organize since 2009.
> Best regards
> Olga

> Dears,
>
> I'm writing an article about how to enter the debate on Internet governance, and I want to relate the major scholarship programs and schools of Internet governance worldwide.
>
> So far I have:
>
> Pre IGF
> LACIGF (LAC)
> - CGI.Br (Integral)
> - Lacnic (Partial)
>
> //Other Regional IGF and they fellowship program
>
> LANIC / LACNOG (LAC)
> - Lacnic (Partial)
>
> IGF (Global)
> - CGI.Br (Integral)
> - ISOC (??)
> - APC (??)
> - NetMission Ambassadors (Asia) - Youth Program
> - Youth IGF (Childnet) (Europe) - Youth Program
>
> ICANN (Global)
> - Fellowship Program (Integral)
> - NetMission Ambassadors (Asia) - Youth Program
>

> Schools of Internet Governance
> - EGI - CGI.br - https://egi.nic.br/ - Brazil
> - Euro SSGI - http://www.euro-ssig.eu/ - Europe and the region
> - South School on Internet Governance - http://www.gobernanzainternet.org/en/
> - African School on Internet Governance (APC) - http://african-ig-school.events.apc.org/
>
> I wanna to gatalog and share this informations, also from other regional IGFs,Internet Governance Schools and other open events on IG.
>
> The article will be published in Portuguese and English, under Creative Commons, anyone woul copy, share, adapt and translate.
>

> Any help will be very welcome.
> --
> João Carlos R. Caribé
> Consultor