[LAC-TF] [LACNIC/Politicas] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-narten-ipv6-3177bis-48boundary-00.txt

marcelo bagnulo braun marcelo at it.uc3m.es
Sun Jul 17 07:52:02 BRT 2005

Hola Roque,

si, a mi me parece un disparate tambien

tener en cuenta que la eficiencia requerida resultante del uso del HD
ratio para un /19 es de 1,8%!!!!

ademas, en draft-narten-iana-rir-ipv6-considerations-00.txt se lantea
un ejemplo que me parece ilustrar muy bien tu preocupacion, lo
transcribo para uds.

4.1.  An example: Cable Modem/DSL Service in US

    In the hallway at a recent ARIN meeting, I was cornered by someone
    who had done a back-of-the envelope calculation that led him to
    believe the current policies needed adjustment. The argument went
    like:

       If I assign 4M /48Ç«÷s of IPv6 (one to each cable modem on my
       network), according to the HD-ratio I am justified to obtain
       something around a /20 of IPv6 addresses.  In other words, I am
       justified in getting 268M /48Ç«÷s even though I am only using 4M
of
       them.  That would be enough for me to assign at least two for
       every household in the US (not just the 19M on my network).

       Now if all the cable providers (e.g., Comcast, Cox, Adelphia,
       Cablevision, Time-Warner, etc.) did the same for their networks;
       and each of the DSL companies made a similar move (SBC, Verizon,
       Quest, etc.); perhaps we could easily see the broadband market in
       the US alone obtaining some 16 /20Ç«÷s of IPv6 or a total of /16.
       There are only 8192 of those available in the current global
       unicast space of 2001::/3.

       Anyhow, you can see where this might lead...

Saludos, marcelo

PD: este tema se esta discutiendo en la lista global-v6
global-v6 mailing list
global-v6 at lists.apnic.net
seria bueno que enviaramos nuestros comentarios ahi, de forma que las
opiniones del lacnic tambien se tomen en cuenta