[LAC-TF] RV: [m6bone] Windows version of ssmping available

Harold de Dios harold at telecom.noc.udg.mx
Fri Jun 24 14:31:25 BRT 2005

Hola,
Información de interés amigos.

Saludos,
Harold.
-----Mensaje original-----
De: Stig Venaas [mailto:Stig.Venaas at uninett.no]
Enviado el: Friday, June 24, 2005 10:06 AM
Para: m6bone at ml.renater.fr
Asunto: [m6bone] Windows version of ssmping available

Thanks to Nick Lamb here at Southampton, there is now a Windows version
of ssmping too. Unfortunately Windows only does IPv4 SSM so you can only
test IPv4 multicast with this.

If you test, please mail me whether it worked or not.

You can get current Windows binary from the ssmping page at
http://www.venaas.no/multicast/ssmping/

Note that due to limitations in the Windows API it doesn't show number
of hops, and also the granularity of the RTT is poor.

There is no source there just yet. I can give it to you if you want, but
would like to clean it up a bit first.

Stig