[LAC-TF] LAC IPv6 TF/FLIP6 MODERATOR ELECTION
adriana at lacnic.net
Mon May 2 17:30:42 BRT 2011
LAC IPv6 TF/FLIP6 MODERATOR ELECTION
The moderator shall have the following responsibilities:
1. To moderate the list.
2. To propose and request the proposal of topics for discussion.
3. To prepare and coordinate the agendas for the face-to-face
meetings of the LAC IPv6 TF and FLIP6 during LACNIC's annual meeting.
-- If necessary, to organize additional remote meetings
(videoconferences, VoIP, chat, etc.).
4. To organize, with the support of LACNIC, a call for
proposals for presentations at the face-to-face meeting.
5. To coordinate the process for selecting presentations and
presenters for the meeting.
6. To moderate the annual LAC IPv6 TF and FLIP6 meeting.
7. To prepare an annual report on the activities that have been
carried out and present it at the annual face-to-face meeting.
About the election of the moderator:
1. Moderator candidates must be members of the lactf at
lac.ipv6tf.org and belong to the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. The moderator shall be elected every two years. The elected
candidate will be announced during the FLIP6 meeting in the framework of
LACNIC's annual meeting in May.
-- The successful candidate shall begin moderating the list
3. The election will be held through an electronic voting
system offered by LACNIC's secretariat.
-- The voters register will be made up by the members of the
lactf at lac.ipv6tf.org mailing list.
-- Each person interested in voting may cast only one vote.
-- The winning candidate will be the one who obtains the
highest number of votes. Alternately, if N candidates receive the same
number of votes, a second voting round will be held where interested
voters will cast only one vote and only N candidates will participate.
4. Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by third parties.
5. In order to submit a nomination, the following information
must be sent to the lactf at lac.ipv6tf.org:
* Candidate's name
* Candidate's e-mail address
* Name of the person presenting the nomination
-- In case of third-party nominations, the candidate must state
his/her acceptance of the nomination on the list.
* CV and optional additional information such as proposals or
ideas to be implemented in case of being elected.
The election will be held according to the following calendar:
- 02/05/2011 - 8/05/2011 - Candidate nominations
- 08/05/2011 at 24.00 UTC - Closing of the voters register
- 09/05/2011 - Announcement of candidates
- 09/05/2011- 16/05/2011 at 24:00 UTC - Voting period
- 17/05/2011 - Announcement of results during FLIP6 meeting
Because of their responsibility in administrating the election, LACNIC
staff shall abstain from voting.
The election of the LAC IPv6 TF /FLIP6 Moderator will be conducted using
an electronic voting system provided by LACNIC.
More information about the LACTF