[LAC-TF] Stick to limited IPv6 deployments

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:28:57 BRT 2012

Luis,
  Thanks for sharing this article.
  I just read it and I also personally disagree.
  In someway I understand the position of disabling (or not turning
on) IPv6 in some parts of your network but if we have done that 20
years ago there wouldn't be Internet right now, and based on the
reasons he mentions in the article we should turn off IPv4 now :), you
can sniff an IPv4 network, you can have rogue DHCPv4, you can do arp
poisoning and many others attacks (just mentioning the same ones that
appear in the article).
  In my personal perspective I think the bottom line of the article is
that by itself IPv6 does not mean security.

Regards,

Alejandro,