[LAC-TF] Fwd: ipv6mon v1.0 released! (IPv6 address monitoring daemon)

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Thu Sep 13 09:20:14 BRT 2012

Estimados,

FYI

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: ipv6mon v1.0 released! (IPv6 address monitoring daemon)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:15:56 -0300
From: Fernando Gont <fgont at si6networks.com>
To: bugtraq at securityfocus.com <bugtraq at securityfocus.com>,  Full
Disclosure <full-disclosure at lists.grok.org.uk>

Folks,

We are pleased to announce the release of ipv6mon v1.0!

** Description **

ipv6mon (<http://www.si6networks.com/tools/ipv6mon>) is a tool for
monitoring IPv6 address usage on a local network. It is meant to be
particularly useful in networks that employ IPv6 Stateless Address
Auto-Configuration (as opposed to DHCPv6), where address assignment is
decentralized and there is no central server that records which IPv6
addresses have been assigned to which nodes during which period of time.

ipv6mon employs active probing to discover IPv6 addresses in use, and
determine whether such addresses remain active.

** Latest release **

The latest release of ipv6mon is v1.0, and is available at:
<http://www.si6networks.com/tools/ipv6mon/ipv6mon-v1.0.tar.gz>

** Documentation **

PDF versions of the ipv6mon manuals are available on-line at:
<http:://www.si6networks.com/tools/ipv6mon>

** GIT repository **

The GIT repository for the ipv6mon is:
<https://github.com/fgont/ipv6-toolkit.git>

** IPv6 security trainings **

Development of ipv6mon is partially supported through our IPv6
security trainings. Please consider attending one of our upcoming
trainings <http://www.hackingipv6networks.com/upcoming-t>

Follow us on twitter: @SI6Networks

Best regards,