[LAC-TF] Comcast to IPv6-enable commercial broadband service

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:30:43 BRT 2013

Network World - Comcast plans to expand its IPv6-based offerings for
business customers with the launch of commercial broadband and Metro
Ethernet services that support the next-gen Internet Protocol later
this year.

John Brzozowski, chief architect for IPv6 and distinguished engineer
at Comcast, said the ISP will start a trial of IPv6-enabled commercial
broadband service in May. Aimed at small businesses, home offices and
teleworkers, the new IPv6-enabled cable modem service will be
available in Philadelphia, Denver and Silicon Valley first.

"We've completed the rollout of IPv6 on half of our broadband
network," Brzozowski said. "Wherever we've upgraded our network,
that's where we are going to start with our commercial broadband
service."

Full info at:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/041013-comcast-ipv6-268545.html

=====