[LAC-TF] Call for Presentations - LACNOG 2019
villa at reduniv.edu.cu
Tue Jun 11 14:30:53 -03 2019
LACNOG 2019 - Call for Presentations
LACNOG, the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Group, will hold its 2019 conference in the city of Panama from 7 to 11 October 2019, co-located with the LACNIC 32 event.
The LACNOG 2019 Program Committee is pleased to invite the Internet community to submit their proposals for the event.
In line with the spirit of LACNOG, proposed topics must be geared towards regional Internet development. The following is a non-exhaustive list of some of the topics of interest for the LACNOG 2019 meeting:
• Network operation and professional experiences, success stories
• Internet of Things
• Community networks
• IPv6 integration and deployment
• Experiences with botnets, malware, spam, viruses, denial of service attacks and exploit techniques
• IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration
• Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast, anycast, SDN, etc.
• Applications for end users (e.g. e-mail, HTTP, DNS, NFVs, etc.)
• Value-added services such as VPNs, distributed systems, cloud computing, etc.
• Peering, Internet traffic exchange, IXPs
• Network data security and management, attack mitigation
• Network monitoring, performance, measurements and telemetry
• Network automation, evolution and convergence
• Infrastructure and physical transport, including optical and wireless networks
• Legislation, regulations and Internet governance issues
• Research and education
Possible presentation formats include:
• Lightning talk: brief, 10-minute presentation plus 5 additional minutes for questions
• Presentation: 20-minute presentation plus 10 additional minutes for questions
• Tutorial: 45-minute presentation plus 15 additional minutes for questions
Deadlines for the 2019 call for proposals will be as follows:
• Reception of proposals: 6 June - 7 July 2019
• Proposals will be accepted until: 7 July 2019 at 23:59 UTC-3 (Uruguay time)
• Evaluation by the Program Committee: 7-18 July 2019
• Announcement of results: 18 July 2019
• Deadline for submitting final presentations: 1 August - 21 September 2019
• Final presentations will be accepted until: 21 September 2019 at 23:59 UTC-3 (Uruguay time)
• Event date: 7-11 October 2019
Applicants must submit a summary and a draft of their proposal along with a brief biography and photograph using the form available at http://www.lacnog.org/eventos/lacnog2019/cfp/.
If your work is selected, you authorize LACNOG and LACNIC to publish your name, photograph, biography, and final work in the event program.
Regardless of the chosen format, all works must be presented in person at the event venue.
Applicants whose proposals are accepted will be exempted from paying the event registration fee but will not automatically receive financial assistance for their travel and/or accommodation expenses. However, LACNIC has a fellowship program to which speakers can apply independently to obtain financial assistance to attend the event. When submitting your draft to the LACNOG Program Committee, please specify whether you are applying for a LACNIC fellowship.
Speakers presenting their work at the LACNOG 2019 conference will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation.
For more information, go to http://www.lacnog.org/guiapresentaciones/.
Communications with the Program Committee will be handled through pc at lacnog.org.
We thank you in advance for your attention and look forward to your proposals for LACNOG 2019.
The Program Committee
More information about the LACTF