[LACNIC/Napla] Call for the Election of NAPLA's Moderator
nicolas at lacnic.net
Mon Feb 12 12:02:00 BRST 2007
* English version of the Call for the Election of NAPLA's Moderator below*
We announce that the Call of nominations and postulations for the
NAPLA’s moderator is opened.
The moderator candidates should be a member of the following list
napla at lacnic.net
and belong to the Latinamerican and Caribbean region.
The elected candidate will perform as a moderator till the next election
that will take place in 60 following days after the LACNIC meeting in 2008.
The nominations can be done by any list member. The self-nominations are
In order to postulate you should send the following information to the
NAPLA’s list napla at lacnic.net
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s E-mail
- Name of the person that postulate (If the postulation is done by
thirds, the candidate should accept the postulation in the list before
the nominations close)
-Curriculum and additional information optative (could be proposals and
ideas to be executed in case the person is elected).
The Elector Register will be composed by the NAPLA’s list integrators at
the closing moment.
Each person that is interested in voting could emit only one vote.
The candidate that obtains more votes is the one chosen for the
In case that N candidates have the same quantity of votes is going to be
another voting round, where the interested voters will emit only one
vote and the N candidates will be elected.
Candidates Postulation/Nomination - 12/02/2007 - 16/02/2007 (TILL 18:00
HS UTC- local time could be acknowledged in www.timeanddate.com)
Closing Electoral Register - 16/2/2007- at 18:00 hs UTC
Candidate’s publication - 16/2/2007 - at closing of the nominations period.
Voting - 19/2/2007 - 23/2/2007
Results announcement - 26/2/2007
1. Moderate the list.
2. Propose the topics and request proposals of topics to be discussed.
3. Prepare and coordinate the schedules for the NAPLA’s meeting in
person during the annual LACNIC meeting.
-- If it is necessary the moderator should organize other remote
meetings (videoconference, VoIP, Chat, etc)
4. Organize with LACNIC’s support the call of presentations about
5. Coordinate the process of the works selection and presenters for the
6. Moderate the annual NAPLA’s meeting.
7. Elaborate the annual report of the activities and present it in the
annual NAPLA’s meeting.
More information about the Napla