[LACNIC/Seguridad] Open call - Network Security Forum Moderator Election
Carlos M. Martinez
carlos.martinez en csirt-antel.com.uy
Lun Jul 27 19:18:39 BRT 2009
NETWORK SECURITY FORUM MODERATOR ELECTION
The moderator shall have the following responsibilities:
1. To moderate the list.
2. To propose and request the proposal of topics for discussion.
3. To prepare and coordinate the agendas for the face-to-face
meetings of the Network Security community during LACNIC's annual meeting.
-- If necessary, to organize additional remote meetings
(videoconferences, VoIP, chat, etc.).
4. To organize, with the support of LACNIC, a call for
proposals for presentations at the face-to-face meeting.
5. To coordinate the process for selecting presentations and
presenters for the meeting.
6. To moderate the annual Network Security meeting.
7. To prepare an annual report on the activities that have
been carried out and present it at the annual face-to-face meeting.
About the election of the moderator:
1. Moderator candidates must be members of the security list
at LACNIC.net and belong to the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. The moderator shall be elected every two years within a
60-day period following LACNIC's annual meeting.
-- The successful candidate shall begin moderating the list
3. The election will be held through an electronic voting
system offered by LACNIC's secretariat.
-- The voters register will be made up by the members of the
"seguridad" mailing list.
-- Each person interested in voting may cast only one vote.
-- The winning candidate will be the one who obtains the
highest number of votes. Alternately, if N candidates receive the same
number of votes, a second voting round will be held where interested
voters will cast only one vote and only N candidates will participate.
4. Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by third parties.
5. In order to submit a nomination, the following information
must be sent to the security list at lacnic.net:
* Candidate's name
* Candidate's e-mail address
* Name of the person presenting the nomination
-- In case of third-party nominations, the candidate must
state his/her acceptance of the nomination on the list.
* CV and optional additional information such as proposals or
ideas to be implemented in case of being elected.
The election will be held according to the following calendar:
- 27/7/2009 - 31/7/2009 Candidate nominations
- 31/7/2009 - at 18:00 UTC - Closing of the voters register
and announcement of candidates
- 3/8/2009 - 7/8/2009 at 18:00 UTC - Voting period
- 10/8/2009 - Announcement of results
Because of their responsibility in administrating the election, LACNIC
staff shall abstain from voting.
The election of the Network Security Moderator will be conducted using
LACNIC's electronic voting system. The system works as follows:
The system is configured with the nominated candidates, and the voters
register – which comprises all the e-mail accounts that are part of the
list – is loaded onto the system. A password is sent to each of these
addresses so that they may access the system. During the voting period,
users cast their vote and receive an e-mail containing a confirmation
code and the name of the candidate they voted. This code may later be
verified in the public results.
Más información sobre la lista de distribución Seguridad