[LACNIC/Seguridad] Necesitas una botnet, solo $9.00 la hora

Julio Arruda jarruda en arbor.net
Lun Mayo 31 13:07:33 BRT 2010

Just a note, I saw some attacks being conducted FROM infected 'brand name commercial' clouds :-)..
Isn't this a brave new world ?

On May 31, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Carlos Marcelo Martinez Cagnazzo wrote:

> Es que el DDoS es casi un "textbook example" de una aplicacion
> distribuida para llevar a una nube :-)
>
> 2010/5/30 Arturo Servin <aservin en lacnic.net>:
>>

>> Agregando un poco mas de sal al problema de las botnets y del "Attack as a
>> Service (AaaS)" (no se si exista el termino pero ya que esta la moda del
>> computo en la nube) una nota interesante:
>> Study finds the average price for renting a botnet
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/study-finds-the-average-price-for-renting-a-botnet/6528
>> "Based on an experiment conducted by researchers from VeriSign’s iDefense
>> Intelligence Operations Team, involving 25 different "rent a botnet"
>> underground marketplace propositions, they were able to conclude that the
>> average price for renting a botnet is $67 for 24 hours, and $9 for hourly
>> access."
>>
>> Aqui hay algunos articulos relacionados (a bontnets):
>> The attack of the opt-in botnets
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/attack-of-the-opt-in-botnets/6268
>> The biggest cloud on the planet is owned by ... the crooks
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/58829
>> Saludos,
>> -asn

> --
> --

Julio Arruda
Manager Consulting Engineer Team LATAM
Arbor Networks
USA:    +1-954-827-1543 Ext: 209
Mobile: +1-954-249-9381
Argentina: +54-11-5246-5981 Ext: 209
Brazil-RJ: +55-21-4063-6568 Ext: 209
Brazil-SP: +55-11-3522-7210 Ext: 209
Chile:     +56-2-570-8741   Ext: 209
Mexico-Mexico-DF: +52-55-1168-9607 Ext: 209
www.arbornetworks.com
How networks grow