[LACNIC/Seguridad] Fwd: RFC 6434 on IPv6 Node Requirements (IPSec en IPv6)

Arturo Servin aservin en lacnic.net
Vie Dic 23 00:07:46 BRST 2011

	IPsec deja de ser mandatorio (sección 11, pag. 17):

"
Previously, IPv6 mandated implementation of IPsec and recommended the
   key management approach of IKE.  This document updates that
   recommendation by making support of the IPsec Architecture [RFC4301]
   a SHOULD for all IPv6 nodes.  Note that the IPsec Architecture
   requires (e.g., Section 4.5 of RFC 4301) the implementation of both
   manual and automatic key management.  Currently, the default
   automated key management protocol to implement is IKEv2 [RFC5996].

   This document recognizes that there exists a range of device types
   and environments where approaches to security other than IPsec can be
   justified.  For example, special-purpose devices may support only a
   very limited number or type of applications, and an application-
   specific security approach may be sufficient for limited management
   or configuration capabilities.  Alternatively, some devices may run
   on extremely constrained hardware (e.g., sensors) where the full
   IPsec Architecture is not justified.
"

Saludos,
-as