[LACNIC/Seguridad] New Issue of Hakin9 magazine: Cybercrime and Cyberwar Predictions for 2011

Fernando Gont fernando en gont.com.ar
Mar Ene 4 00:06:36 BRST 2011

Estimados,

Les reenvio este enlace, ya que la revista se puede bajar gratuitamente,
y las que he mirado han estado bastante buenas.

Download:
http://hakin9.org/magazine/1581-cybercrime-and-cyberwar-predictions-for-2011

Saludos,
Fernando

New Issue of Hakin9 magazine:
Cybercrime and Cyberwar Predictions for 2011

New issue of Hakin9 magazine already available!

Inside:

    * Cybercrime and Cyberwar Predictions for 2011 by Gary Miliefsky
    * The Social Web Threat by Julian Evans
    * Pros and cons of partial passwords in web applications by Darek
Łysyszyn
    * Target Attacks via Email by Pedro Bueno
    * Spyware Threat Invades BlackBerry App World by Mayank Aggarwal
    * Open WiFi and Firesheep by Joseph Webster

Download:
http://hakin9.org/magazine/1581-cybercrime-and-cyberwar-predictions-for-2011

Cybercrime and Cyberwar Predictions for 2011
Gary Miliefsky
In my last article, I showed you where to find some of the best and
mostly untapped resources available to improve your personal computer
and network security posture. In this article, I will share with you
some great resources on researching trends of Cybercrime and Cyberwar
and from my own research my conclusions on what is coming our way in 2011.

The Social Web Threat
Julian Evans
The Social Web is also known as Web 2.0 or the dynamic Web. Social
Websites are generally free to use and allow people to socialize,
interact, share experiences, upload photographs, share interests, build
friendship networks and play online community games. The Social Web has
evolved and today we see Facebook. Twitter and MySpace to name three of
the most popular are openly encouraging people to upload their entire life.

Pros and cons of partial passwords in web applications
Darek Łysyszyn
Almost every web application requires some kind of authorization. Most
of them use user password authorization. And most of time one is forced
to type full password. Is this solution convenient Probably yes. Is it
secure? Not quite. There are few solutions of authorization by password.
Let's consider one of them called partial passwords.

Target Attacks via Email
Pedro Bueno
After the lecture of this article we will be able to understand how the
target attacks by email work, what are their targets and what are the
malwares used. We will also see how easy it is to create an exploit
based on public information.

Spyware Threat Invades BlackBerry App World
Mayank Aggarwal
Lately, Google’s Android Market has attracted the attention of the
security community for not vetting or ensuring the authenticity of the
applications posted on its app market. Earlier this year, the Junos
Pulse Global Threat Center team performed a thorough analysis of the
Android Market and unveiled numerous malware applications disguised as
utilities or game applications. Since then, several research studies of
the malicious nature of applications on Android Market have surfaced and
all the studies concluded that the Android Market has been hosting a
large number of malicious applications, which forced Google to enforce a
Remote Kill switch for the malicious applications.

Open WiFi and Firesheep
Joseph Webster
Recently there’s been a lot of commotion in the press about a new threat
to privacy at open WiFi hotspots known by the humorous moniker
Firesheep. What’s new about Firesheep isn’t the exploit – HTTP session
hijacking has been well known for years – it’s that Firesheep is a
simple Firefox plug-in that is available to anyone and requires no
technical expertise to utilize. In other words it allows anyone with
Firefox and Firesheep to be a hacker. No experience required.

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando en gont.com.ar || fgont en acm.org