[LACNIC/Seguridad] Fwd: [ISOC] SOPA and the Internet Society in the News

Fernando Gont fernando en gont.com.ar
Jue Ene 19 03:33:03 BRST 2012

Estimados,

Supongo que a esta altura todo el mundo minimamente debe estar al tanto
de SOPA/PIPA. De cualquier modo, por si alguno no estuviera al tanto,
les reenvío el correo en cuestión.

Mas allá de los enlaces que se incluyen debajo, también hay info sobre
el tema en el sitio de EFF <https://www.eff.org/>

Saludos cordiales,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ISOC] SOPA and the Internet Society in the News
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:53:26 -0500 (EST)
From: cover en isoc.org
To: isoc-members-announce en elists.isoc.org

All -- The ramifications of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) continue
to draw media attention, and especially today with the blackout by
Wikipedia and actions of other high-profile websites, including Google.
The Internet Society posted the following news headline on our home
page, "Internet Society Supports Actions to Raise Awareness of the
Consequences of Proposed U.S. Legislation, SOPA." The headline links to
our December statement that expressed opposition to SOPA and the
Protect-IP Act (PIPA), and provides a link to details on DNS filtering
and our white paper,
http://www.internetsociety.org/internet-society-perspectives-domain-name-system-dns-filtering

We continue to pursue opportunities to express our views on this
important topic, and we have very exciting news to share. A bylined
article from our Chief Internet Technology Officer, Leslie Daigle, was
just published on Forbes. Here is a link to this article,
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2012/01/18/beyond-sopa-why-easy-solutions-dont-stop-net-crime
. Forbes provides a high-visibility platform to share our concerns on
this serious issue.
The Internet Society stands ready to defend our stance that sustained,
global collaboration amongst all parties is needed to find ways that
protect the global architecture of the Internet while combating illegal
online activities. We will keep you posted on further developments.
Regards, Wende Cover

Wende Cover, Director of Media and Communications
Internet Society
1775 Wiehle Ave., Suite 201
Reston, VA 20190
+1 703 439 2773