[LACNIC/Seguridad] Revision de IETF I-D "Security Implications of the Use of IPv6 Extension Headers with IPv6 Neighbor Discovery"

Fernando Gont fernando en gont.com.ar
Mie Jun 13 04:58:23 BRT 2012

Estimados,

FYI:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03.txt>

P.S.: Se recomienda leer tomando Fernet con Coca (al menos así fue
escrito :-) ).

Saludos,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03.txt
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:53:12 -0700
From: internet-drafts en ietf.org
To: fernando en gont.com.ar

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Security Implications of the Use of IPv6 Extension Headers with
IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
Creation date:	 2012-06-13
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-03
Diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security implications of using IPv6
   Extension Headers with Neighbor Discovery (ND) messages.  It updates
   RFC 4861 such that use of the IPv6 Fragmentation Header is forbidden
   in all Neighbor Discovery messages, thus allowing for simple and
   effective counter-measures for Neighbor Discovery attacks.  Finally,
   it discusses the security implications of using IPv6 fragmentation
   with SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND), and provides advice such that
   the aforementioned security implications are mitigated.

The IETF Secretariat