[LACNIC/Seguridad] IETF I-D: "Recommendations on the Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6 Extension Headers" (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05.txt)

Fernando Gont fgont en si6networks.com
Lun Mar 5 21:20:39 BRT 2018

Estimados,

FYI:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05.txt>

Saludos,
Fernando Gont

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05.txt
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:31:48 -0800
From: internet-drafts en ietf.org
To: Fernando Gont <fgont en si6networks.com>, Will Liu (Shucheng)
<liushucheng en huawei.com>, Will LIU <liushucheng en huawei.com>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering
Revision:	05
Title:		Recommendations on the Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6
Extension Headers
Document date:	2018-03-05
Group:		opsec
Pages:		35
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-05

Abstract:
   It is common operator practice to mitigate security risks by
   enforcing appropriate packet filtering.  This document analyzes both
   the general security implications of IPv6 Extension Headers and the
   specific security implications of each Extension Header and Option
   type.  Additionally, it discusses the operational and
   interoperability implications of discarding packets based on the IPv6
   Extension Headers and IPv6 options they contain.  Finally, it
   provides advice on the filtering of such IPv6 packets at transit
   routers for traffic *not* directed to them, for those cases in which
   such filtering is deemed as necessary.

The IETF Secretariat