[LACNIC/Seguridad] IETF I-D: Port Randomization in the Network Time Protocol Version 4 (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-05.txt)

Fernando Gont fgont en si6networks.com
Dom Jul 26 09:35:11 GMT+3 2020

FYI,

https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-05.txt

Reviews siempre bienvenidas.

Slds, y gracias!
Gont Bros.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-05.txt
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 01:19:10 -0700
From: internet-drafts en ietf.org
To: Guillermo Gont <ggont en si6networks.com>, Miroslav Lichvar
<mlichvar en redhat.com>, Fernando Gont <fgont en si6networks.com>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization
Revision:	05
Title:		Port Randomization in the Network Time Protocol Version 4
Document date:	2020-07-26
Group:		ntp
Pages:		10
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-05
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-05

Abstract:
    The Network Time Protocol can operate in several modes.  Some of
    these modes are based on the receipt of unsolicited packets, and
    therefore require the use of a service/well-known port as the local
    port number.  However, in the case of NTP modes where the use of a
    service/well-known port is not required, employing such well-known/
    service port unnecessarily increases the ability of attackers to
    perform blind/off-path attacks.  This document formally updates
    RFC5905, recommending the use of port randomization for those modes
    where use of the NTP service port is not required.

The IETF Secretariat