[LACNIC/Seguridad] IRTF I-D: Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers (Fwd: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08.txt)

Fernando Gont fernando en gont.com.ar
Lun Jun 14 00:38:38 -03 2021

FYI.

Esta es una revision de nuestro IRTF I-D:

Titulo: "Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers"

Ambos co-autores dedicamos nuestro trabajo Diego Maradona, a quien
estamos agradecidos por tanta magia e inspiracon.

Slds, y gracias!
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08.txt
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:30:19 -0700
From: internet-drafts en ietf.org
To: i-d-announce en ietf.org
CC: pearg en irtf.org

directories.
This draft is a work item of the Privacy Enhancements and Assessments
Research Group RG of the IRTF.

         Title           : Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric
Identifiers
         Authors         : Fernando Gont
                           Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-06-13

Abstract:
    This document analyzes the timeline of the specification and
    implementation of different types of "transient numeric identifiers"
    used in IETF protocols, and how the security and privacy properties
    of such protocols have been affected as a result of it.  It provides
    empirical evidence that advice in this area is warranted.  This
    document is a product of the Privacy Enhancement and Assessment
    Research Group (PEARG) in the IRTF.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/