[lacnog] ¿¿ 8.8.8.0/24 secuestrado en Venezuela ??

Carlos M. Martinez carlosmarcelomartinez en gmail.com
Mie Mar 19 18:21:54 BRT 2014

According to what I take from Doug's answer, the only two differences
between this case and that of Pakistan Telecom and YouTube are that (1)
the 'mistakenly leaked' (let's not call it hijacking :-) ) prefix was a
/32 instead of a /24, and (2) that BT Latam upstreams apparently do a
much better job at prefix filtering than what PCCW did for PakTel.

Other than that, it's the same old story all over again. So yes, RPKI
could have played a useful role here.

Cheers!

~Carlos