[LACNIC/Politicas] Host Sailor, Ltd.

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Aug 15 18:22:07 BRT 2016

Mr. Rojas,

Thank you for your timely reply.

In message <4b469860-25c0-83b2-8f27-35f19fb281b6 at lacnic.net>,
"Sergio Rojas. . ." <sergio at lacnic.net> wrote:

>As we mentioned before, after your initial message we started our
>process approaching the organization HostSailor to commence an inquiry
>of the alleged use of the assigned resources outside of the LACNIC
>region. If the results of our investigation confirm the alleged out of
>region use, we would commence the revocation process of these resources,
>according to our policies.

Great!  Can you tell me how long this review process typically takes?

I don't need an exact figure, and I'm certainly not asking you for a
"binding" estimate.  I'd just like to get at least some ballpark sort
of idea how long these things typically drag on for.  Are we talking
about a week?  A month?  Six months?  Longer?  If nothing seems to
have changed in say, two weeks, would it be rude of me to make some
follow-up inquiries at that point?

I'm also wondering if you and your colleagues will even notify me, or
anybody else, when your review of this matter has concluded, one way
or the other.  Will you?  Whatever the outcome, I would certainly like
to know when you and colleagues have concluded your review.

To be clear, I *do not* want to rush your process in any way.  That is
the last thing in the world I would want.  I want you and your colleagues
to take all the time you need to perform your review carefully and
professionally (as I am sure you will).  But as you see, I have a
passionate personal interest in this specific case, and thus, I
certainly want to be informed when your review is concluded, regadless
of the outcome.

Regards,
rfg