[LACNIC/Politicas] LAC-2023-6 revision

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:43:57 -03 2023

Hello Robert

I personally don't like the text in that way as it leaves room for other
possibilities when it mentions on "eg". As I mentioned on my previous
message in order to avoid multiple interpretation it is better it to be
specific and thinking in a more practical scenario there are no much
other possibilities that should be allowed under these exceptions (like
gTLDs, specially those known as sTLDs), ccTLDs in the region are fine,
out of the region I don't think is necessary. IXPs don't change anything
from what is already, so why allow an IXP operating our of the region to
request which leave us with the main propose of this proposal which are
Root DNS Servers.

Therefore name the only exception specifically: "/Se podrán otorgar
excepciones a organizaciones fuera de la región que sean servidores raíz
DNS como proveedores de infraestructura de Internet crítica global./"

Regarding Option 2 I think one detail that is lacking is to mention that
even in a Anycast scenario services must be provided also in the region.

I think I got lost on the rest of your email and options, but so far
Option 1 seems the simplest with the comments about if I didn't miss
anything important.

Best regards
Fernando Frediani