[LACNIC/Politicas] NP: LAC-2023-6 - global-crit-infra-exception

Robert Story rstory at ant.isi.edu
Mon Nov 6 19:46:33 -03 2023

On Mon 2023-11-06 16:50:40-0300 Douglas wrote:
> Logo, reitero que, da maneira como está proposto o texto, se alguém
> resolver montar uma empresa de remote-peering, tendo transporte da
> região LAC para outras partes do mundo, pode querer forçar uma
> interpretação para tentar por a mão no estoque de IPs que não foi
> pensado para esses fins.

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your comments. As I stated in my response to Hernan, I think
IXPs they are key, and not critical. And I don't think that anyone can
'force' their interpretation on LACNIC. LACNIC is the final arbiter in
whether or not a request for resources is justified. I think LACNIC
staff would understand that a global L2 network is neither an IXP nor
critical internet infrastructure.

Regards,
Robert

--