[LACNIC/Anuncios] 2011 IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey

Adriana Rivero adriana at lacnic.net
Fri Jul 1 12:25:01 BRT 2011

Dear Colleagues of the LACNIC community,

GNKS Consult is working with the NRO and the RIPE NCC to repeat the
global 2010 survey on the current and future use of IPv6.

The IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey is now online, and we encourage
all members of the LACNIC community to participate:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GlobalIPv6survey2011

The purpose of the survey is to better understand where the community is
moving, and what can be done to ensure the Internet community is ready
for the widespread adoption of IPv6. As it is mostly the same as the
survey carried out in 2009 (only RIPE and APNIC) and 2010 (global),
comparison of progress will be possible. It has shown last years that
community participation does contribute to a better understanding: more
than 90% of last year’s over 1600 respondents indicated that they were
interested in participating again, in 2011.

We encourage all organizations in the LACNIC service region to
participate in this survey, which we hope will establish a comprehensive
view of present IPv6 penetration and future plans for IPv6 deployment.
The survey is composed of 23 questions and can be completed in about 15
minutes. For those without IPv6 allocations or assignments, or who have
not yet deployed IPv6, the questions will be fewer in number.

The survey will close on 31 July 2011.

Results of the IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey will be presented and
discussed widely, with the support of your RIR. Results for the 2010
Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey 2010 can be found at:
http://www.ipv6monitoring.eu/reports/Global%20IPv6%20Survey%20Summary%20v2.pdf

Specifically for RIPE NCC a comparison has been made between the 2010
and the 2009 IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey that only took place in
the RIPE NCC and APNIC regions. This can be found at:
http://ripe61.ripe.net/presentations/117-2010_IPv6_Survey_Results_RIPE_NCC_Rome_v2.pdf

Results of the 2009 survey, including a comparison of RIPE and APNIC
region results, can be found at:
http://ripe59.ripe.net/presentations/botterman-v6-survey.pdf

Please provide your name and contact information on the survey form if
you wish to receive the draft survey analysis when available. Please
also indicate whether you are willing to share additional data with the
TNO and GNKS Consult IPv6 Deployment Monitoring team.

We appreciate your time and interest in completing this survey. If you
have any questions concerning the survey, please send an email to
<info at gnksconsult.com>.

Regards,

LACNIC Communications