[Ietf-lac] [lacnog] Fwd: IETF Returning to Berlin for IETF 96

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Thu Feb 6 19:39:49 BRST 2014

On 02/06/2014 04:26 PM, Rogerio Mariano wrote:

> I believe that both the lists of ISOC-BR and the IETF-LAC could
> provide that help, I think that Alvaro Retana, Arturo Servin and
> Christian O'Flaherty can help because they are widely engaged in
> IETF-LAC and LACNIC,

They have already helped.

My understanding is that the IAOC has visited Buenos Aires, and has been
helped by some of the folks you mention above.

*Personal* opinions aside, I believe that having a meeting in the region
is certainly good for the region, and might help to raise awareness to
increase local involvement in the IETF.

At this point in time, I would *expect* folks from the region to back
the effort... It's always easier to point fingers about what's wrong,
what could have been done better, or whatever. -- But not that easy to
make things better and make them happen.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks