[Ietf-lac] Fwd: [vmeet] Remote Hub Bar BOF

Christian O'Flaherty oflaherty at isoc.org
Wed Oct 21 23:54:57 BRST 2015

Hola,

En el email de Tom ( abajo al final ) ver?n un ofrecimiento para incluir en el APP del ietf informaci?n ?til para los Hub remotos.

Se les ocurre algo?

Sent From Mobile Device
Skype/Yahoo/Google:
christian.oflaherty
Internet Society
eMail: oflaherty at isoc.org<mailto:oflaherty at isoc.org>
Mobile:  +598 9876 9636

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tom Pusateri <pusateri at bangj.com<mailto:pusateri at bangj.com>>
Date: 21 de octubre de 2015, 6:55:11 p.m. CLT
To: nalini.elkins at insidethestack.com<mailto:nalini.elkins at insidethestack.com>
Cc: "vmeet at ietf.org<mailto:vmeet at ietf.org>" <vmeet at ietf.org<mailto:vmeet at ietf.org>>
Subject: Re: [vmeet] Remote Hub Bar BOF

On Oct 21, 2015, at 4:36 PM, nalini.elkins at insidethestack.com<mailto:nalini.elkins at insidethestack.com> wrote:

Hello All,

We want to do a small meeting at IETF94 - a Bar BOF to discuss the idea of Remote Hubs.  (I am still waiting for the room assignment) but the time will be Thursday, Nov. 5th 7:45am-8:45am.  Please let me know if you are interested.

Issues
-------

1.  Many people cannot afford to attend IETF meetings live.

2.  It can be more interesting and useful to attend remote meetings as a group.  The face-to-face (F2F) interaction adds a great deal to the overall process.

3.  Some regions (Latin America, India) have already started remote hubs.  We can learn from each other.

4.  We are starting Regional Mentoring.  Such mentors can work with remote hubs.

Agenda
------

1.  We come up with some templates for remote hubs in our meeting

2.  We have some goals for remote hubs for IETF95.  For example:

U.S. : 5 hubs
Latin / South America: 5 hubs
India : 5 hubs

... etc.

A hub can decide which remote hub template they want to use.

3. We do an I-D describing our thoughts (due date: Jan. 1st, 2016)

4.  We post the I-D on the IETF discussion list for comments.  (Due date: Jan 10, 2016)

5.  We try to meet our goals for remote hubs!  (Due date: February 15, 2016)

Comments?

Thanks,

Nalini Elkins

As the author of the IETFers iPhone/iPad app (http://www.itunes.com/app/ietfers), I would be really interested in any feature requests that would facilitate this work. With a mobile device that is location aware, it may be able to assist in meetups or determining remote hub locations. Please let me know how I can help. Also, if there is information that is easy to access at the meeting but more difficult to access in a convenient way at a remote hub, I can incorporate it into the app.

I won't be in Yokohama so I can't attend the BOF but if you get a room with audio or have a jabber room, I will try and participate remotely.

Thanks,
Tom