[Ietf-lac] Fwd: Resignation request

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Mon Mar 2 18:10:35 GMT+3 2020

FYI. Esto está ocurriendo en IETF.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Resignation request
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 21:32:53 +0100
From: Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl>
To: SPRING WG List <spring at ietf.org>, Martin Vigoureux
<martin.vigoureux at nokia.com>
CC: ietf at ietf.org

Hi,

I am shocked by the declaration of consensus on
draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming by Martin Vigoureux. There
was much discussion going on about one aspect of the draft, and there
was clearly no consensus amongst the participants. There are still
questions that haven't been answered about even the applicability of the
contested text, let alone addressed. Promised about for example
reporting back on the impact on RIR policies have never been fulfilled.
And those are just the two bits that concern me most personally.

Steamrolling a draft through a working group completely undermines the
whole idea of the IETF and greatly damages it trustworthiness and
reliability.  By bluntly declaring consensus despite all of the
objections within two hours of the latest version of the draft being
published I feel that Martin Vigoureux has lost the credibility as an
AD. I strongly feel a resignation is in order at this point.

Cheers,
Sander