[lacnog] RV: wikileaks unreachable

alvaro.sanchez en adinet.com.uy alvaro.sanchez en adinet.com.uy
Lun Nov 29 09:39:25 BRST 2010

Puede interesar. Saludos.

----Mensaje original----
De: sfouant en shortestpathfirst.net
Fecha: 29/11/2010 04:03
Para: "andrew.wallace"<andrew.wallace en rocketmail.com>
CC: "North American Network Operators Group"<nanog en nanog.org>
Asunto: Re: wikileaks unreachable

The one thing I found interesting was the InfoSecIsland poll where the
majority of Security Practitioners polled actually supported the
Jester's methods...

Stefan Fouant

Sorry for the top post.  Sent from my iPad

On Nov 28, 2010, at 9:29 PM, "andrew.wallace" <andrew.
wallace en rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nanog,
>

> Some more information here -
>
> http://www.reddit.
com/r/netsec/comments/ecwnn/wikileaks_hacked_ahead_of_secret_us_document/c176lcb

> The hacker has featured previously in a news article on his attack
platform -

> https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/3258-Hacker-Releases-Second-
Video-of-Enhanced-XerXeS-DoS-Attack-on-Apache-Vulnerability-.html

> Regards,
>
> Andrew

according to the person doing the DOS:

> Just so we are all straight and clear - wikileaks hit is not a
> 'Distributed' DoS, its a simple DoS - I dont use intermediaries or
> botnets. Sun Nov 16 - 15:28 EST
>
> http://twitter.com/th3j35t3r
>
> Joel
>
> On Nov 28, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
>

>> On Nov 28, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Wil Schultz wrote:
>>
>>> DOS is probably because they released some more stuff.
>>>
>>> "Secret US Embassy Cables"
>>> http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/
>>>

>> DDOS according to this
>>
>> http://www.securityweek.com/wikileaks-under-denial-service-attack-