[lacnog] Fwd: Comcast Begins DNSSEC Rollout

Francisco Arias francisco en arias.com.mx
Mar Oct 19 15:59:15 BRST 2010

Y aquí está la confirmación de que TeliaSonera ha estado ofreciendo
validación de DNSSEC, desde hace poco más de tres años, sin mayor
problema, dicen.

Me pregunto cuándo veremos al primer ISP de la región LAC ofrecer
validación de DNSSEC ...

Saludos,

Francisco.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <Mats.Dufberg en teliasonera.com>
Date: 19 October 2010 02:05
Subject: Re: [Dnssec-deployment] Comcast Begins DNSSEC Rollout
To: Jason_Livingood en cable.comcast.com, dnssec-deployment en dnssec-deployment.org

Congratulations and welcome to the crowd of validating ISP's!

On the lists there has been some voice warning for the customers'
reactions when something fails through Comcast but not at some other
connection.

TeliaSonera is the major ISP in Sweden and our DNS resolvers have been
validating all customers' requests since June 2007. Until September
this year we used the .SE key as trust anchor, now we use the root key
as trust anchor. We have now and then received calls from customers
complaining that some domain fails with us but not at some other
place. We have used the .SE tool DNScheck
(<http://dnscheck.iis.se/?setLanguage=en>) to show that the problem
sits in the domain. The customers have accepted that we are not to
blaim, and there has been no negative press due to the fact that we
validate.

If there is a major DNSsec failure in some TLD that has any importance
in Sweden, I am sure that the press will point out the cause of failed
DNS resolution.

Mats

Mats Dufberg
Senior System Expert DNS