[lacnog] Peering in Brazil

Humberto Galiza humbertogaliza en gmail.com
Jue Mayo 3 08:09:27 BRT 2012

Hi James,

I think that the best locations here in Brazil to do peering are: Rio
Grande do Sul  (PTT-RS - http://rs.ptt.br), Paraná (PTT-PR -
http://pr.ptt.br) and Salvador (PTT-BA - http://ba.ptt.br). Besides
São Paulo, these three have more traffic load (as you can see the
graphs). While RS and PR are in the south of my country, BA is in the
northeast. In any case you can find some facilities like 10Gb optical
fiber connectivity, big carriers like TIWS, LEVEL3/GlobalCrossing
offering L2 services to reach these locations, etc, and a good support
team.

I used to be the technical contact here in Salvador (PIX-IBTELECOM, an
IXP of PTT-BA), but I´m not anymore (since last month). But I know
people that manages the IXP´s here (Bahia) if you want to keep in
touch.

Cheers,

Humberto Galiza