[lacnog] spam de brasil, chile y argentina

Antonio Carlos Pina antonio.pina en mandic.net.br
Lun Mar 25 12:49:21 BRT 2013

Hello Jordi (and sorry about writing in English , my Spanish is no good to
write)

We are one of the largest e-mail platforms in Brazil. I can guarantee that
the overall SPAM in Brazil is indeed reducing, thanks to several measures
(TCP 25 port blocking, segregation between SOHO and Corporate internet
links, etc). CGI.br has worked very hard to accomplished those results. I'm
pretty sure that the number of SPAM sent via robots, for example, are
reducing fast.

One big problem here, IMHO, is still "weak passwords". People use very
simple passwords and we are seeing a lot of connections from China and Korea
which uses those accounts to send SPAM. We block those accounts, ask the
user to change the password, reactivate the account and the user changes the
password again to the first one ;-) We are dealing with those users
individually.

I can assure you that the vast majority of ISPs here will assist you
whenever you complain and send the e-mail header.

Thanks !

Antonio Carlos Pina
Diretor de Tecnologia & Operações
antonio.pina en mandic.net.br