[lacnog] Microsoft sobre IPv6?

Sascha E. Pollok sp en iphh.net
Jue Mar 28 08:01:49 BRT 2013

Answering myself ... :-)

>>> De donde sacaste la idea de 6to4? 2a01::/32 != 2001::/32
>>
>> ?
>>
>> EL prefijo de 6to4 es 2002::/16, y la respuesta de dig que reenvie dice:
>>
>> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
>> www.ipv6.microsoft.com.	3350	IN	AAAA
>> 2002:836b:9820::836b:9886
>
>> From which recursive NS did you get this response? We do not see a AAAA
> for www.ipv6.microsoft.com. Some weird Microsoft Nameserver sending weird
> DNS freaks over here.

I was just too tired yesterday. The AAAA is there and it has been there
for a long time, I heard. And it also worked at some point in the past,
I was told.

Today, it does not work through a relay. Microsoft should be able to tell
why.

Though it would work theoretically, using a 6to4 address for a live
webserver maybe not so smart and especially not reliable.

-Sascha