[lacnog] IP Squatting en la region?

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 en gmail.com
Vie Feb 6 16:37:16 BRST 2015

Hi,

In a sense, the squatters know better and they don't (usually) announce
the squatted prefixes to the public Internet, but in order to make their
networks more manageable they prefer not to squeeze everything under 10/8.

I've seen with my own eyes squatting of 20/8 (just because, you know,
it's 10, 20, 30 and so on, nice integers that form a neat series :-)))
). Worse of all, this was at a *university*, of all places. Just imagine
what were the lessons these students took home...

On a related note... How could we design an experiment that would allow
an external observer to detect squatters ? I'd love to see ideas about
something like this.

regards,

-Carlos