[lacnog] Why operators filter IPv6 packets with extension headers?

Fernando Gont fgont en si6networks.com
Mar Sep 1 00:43:00 BRT 2015

Estimados,

(FWIW, dado que el documento esta en inglés, traducir el post de abajo
no tenia demasiado sentido). -- si alguno quiere enviar comentarios en
castellano, puede ahcerlo por estas listas, o unicast a mi mail.

Folks,

The topic of operators dropping IPv6 packets containing extension
headers has been raised quite a few times on this list and elsewhere.

A month ago or so we published a document trying to summarize the
reasons for which operators filter IPv6 packets containing extension
headers. The document is available at:
<https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-00.txt>

We're currently working on a revision of this document, and would like
to hear feedback from the working group regarding our document. e.g.,

* Did we get anything wrong?
* Is there anything missing?

Or, if you like the document and agree with its content, that's also
interesting feedback to have.

Thanks!

Best regards,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando en gont.com.ar || fgont en si6networks.com

Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: fgont en si6networks.com