[lacnog] Prefix Hijack

Ivan Chapero info en ivanchapero.com.ar
Dom Abr 24 20:29:11 BRT 2016

Les creemos? Estas cosas solo pasan en Latvia :D

Background of this incident:
– Yesterday (2016-04-22) SwissIX (Swiss Internet Exchange) has performed a
maintenance on our port and we had to de-activate and re-activate the BGP
sessions.
**** – After re-activating the sessions at approx. 17:10 UTC, for a
currently unknown reason, we have redistributed other prefixes into
SwissIX. *****
– This definitely shouldn’t happen, as a matter of course we have filters
in place for SwissIX (which only allow to send our prefixes).
– Immediately after we received the first complains about the route-hijack,
we have de-activated the BGP sessions again (at approx. 17:25 UTC)

El 24 de abril de 2016, 13:37, Alex Ojeda <alex en chilenetworks.com> escribió:

> Atentos con una gran prefix Hijack que ha venido ocurriendo hace un par de
> días y entre los involucrados grandes operadores de contenido.
>
> +Info
>

> http://www.bgpmon.net/large-hijack-affects-reachability-of-high-traffic-destinations/

*Ivan ChaperoÁrea Técnica y Soporte*
Fijo: 03464-470280 (interno 535) | Móvil:  03464-155-20282  | Skype ID:
ivanchapero
--
GoDATA Banda Ancha - CABLETEL S.A. | Av. 9 de Julio 1163 - 2183 - Arequito
- Santa Fe - Argentina