[lacnog] RPKI en PIT - IXP Chile

Job Snijders job en ntt.net
Vie Dic 14 11:19:24 -02 2018

Dear Ivan,

Why do you leave it up to ISPs to do additional work to get rid of invalid
BGP announcements? That is not the best practice for route servers.

An analogy I like to use is that I give you a glass  of water (with
poison), then afterwards you ask me “why did you give me poison?!”, to
which I reply “well it was clearly labeled ‘poison’ on the bottom of the
glass!”.

Propagating RPKI invalid announcements does not help anyone, and goes
against the explicitly stated wishes of those who created RPKI ROAs  for
their prefixes.

Kind regards,

Job