[lacnog] Usando originAS del WHOIS para aceptar prefijos

Job Snijders job en ntt.net
Mar Ene 2 10:23:21 BRST 2018

Dear all,

I am Job Snijders from NTT Communications and NLNOG. I set up the "WHOIS
to IRR" mechanism. Thank you for your interest in this project.

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 06:48:27AM -0300, Fernando Gont wrote:
> On 12/21/2017 06:18 AM, Alejandro Acosta wrote:

As Fernando pointed, out the bzip2 archive should protect against
corruption in the transport.

If people are looking to truely verify the authenticity of the data, I
recommend to not download the data from NLNOG, but rather sign a bulk
whois agreement with ARIN and download the bulk whois data directly from
ARIN and then transform the data from XML to something more suitable for
the local environment.

I think that the operational Internet community is best served if (at
some point in the future) the RIRs offer dumps of this type of routing
related WHOIS data themselves. Until then, people can either use the
NLNOG dumps or set the mechanism up themselves.

I've sent the bulk whois forms to LACNIC to request access to the bulk
whois, and create a similar mechanism for LACNIC WHOIS data. I hope this
can be done somewhere in the next few weeks! I will keep this list
updated on the results.

Kind regards,

Job