[lacnog] Propuesta para crear un IRR en LAC mantenido por LACNIC / Proposal to create an IRR in LAC maintained by LACNIC

Job Snijders job en ntt.net
Vie Ene 12 18:15:19 BRST 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 05:20:51PM -0200, Nicolas Antoniello wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Job Snijders <job en ntt.net> wrote:
> > Perhaps a strategy would be to provide a 'read-only' mirror of the
> > RPKI data in IRR format. Is this what you suggest too? This way
> > LACNIC members don't have to maintain two sets of data: whatever the
> > LACNIC members input into the RPKI system would be reflected in an
> > "IRR view" on the same data?
>
> Yes, thatīs exactly what I am proposing so as not to duplicate and
> also because RIR can do what other IRRs cannot, which is to have the
> ability to say that effectively an IP block belongs to whoever is
> registering it on the IRR.   :)

Ah, great! Yes, I can see the benefits to this approach to make it
easier for networks with more 'traditional' tooling to interact with the
authoritative LACNIC data. I could see NTT mirroring such such an IRR
view on the LACNIC RPKI data into the IRRd instance at rr.ntt.net.

Mirroring such data can be done via periodic (daily) fetches of a 'dump'
(examples can be found on ftp://ftp.radb.net/radb/dbase) - or via NRTM.
The advantage of NRTM is that changes can propagate faster from the
origin to mirrors, the downside of NRTM is that it is a somewhat dated
protocol that runs over an insecure transport.

I know folks at RIPE NCC expressed an tentative interest to look into
developing a variant of the "DELTA" syncing protocol as an alternative
to NRTM. Perhaps such an NRTM alternative could be developed in
cooperation with LACNIC?

Kind regards,

Job