[lacnog] [BCOP] BCOP Draft-2: open for comments

Lucimara Desiderá lucimara en cert.br
Mar Jun 19 12:33:08 BRT 2018

On 19/06/18 05:50, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Hi Lucimara,
>

> I just responded to Christian regarding the BCOP for IPv6 requirements, but let me be more specific. If you're referring to RIPE554, that one is more targeted to ICT equipment in general, not CPEs, and in general, I think IPv6 is relevant as a MUST for any new acquisition, which means it should be stated in every BCOP.
>

> A reference to a draft is always updated by IETF with the corresponding RFC number. Same as when an RFC is updated, etc.
>

> Also, it may depend on the time of publication of our document, may be by then a draft is already an RFC.
>

> And you have always a way to incorporate text to explain it, something like "xxxx IETF WG is working on this document, and if approved it MUST be also fullfilled".

I prefer saying  "MUST support RFC xxxx and all its updates."

This way, if/when the update is approved, it will automatically be part
of the requirement. No need to name any draft or IETF WG. Otherwise the
BCOP document will be outdated when the draft changes.