[lacnog] status of RPKI in Brasil?

Humberto Galiza humbertogaliza en gmail.com
Lun Mar 26 12:26:35 BRT 2018

Hi Job,

+1 to BPF.

Also, regarding your first question (the current status in Brazil), my
friend Italo Valcy from RNP's (Brazilian NREN) Point of Presence in
Bahia (POP-BA) conducted a very comprehensive study (if not the only
one) about RPKI deployment status in Latin America/Brazil [1].

The last update I got from him was that they were considering
deploying and validating RPKI at Bahia's IXP (which is part of the
IX.br project) just for testing purposes, but I'm not sure how the
things had developed so far. Anyway, this is the 'biggest' initiative
I've heard so far in terms of RPKI deployment/validation in Brazil.

[1] - ftp://ftp.registro.br/pub/gts/gts29/05-Seguranca-BGP.pdf - PT-BR
only, sorry :-(

Humberto Galiza