[lacnog] IRR @LACNIC

Luis Balbinot luis en luisbalbinot.com
Mie Mayo 2 21:15:33 BRT 2018

I think RPKI-based solutions are more elegant and reliable. Objects
stored in a IRR database are not really verified and/or validated and
we have *a lot* of proxy entries for those that do not use it. It's a
big mess really, but we get along with it.

But I don't see RPKI moving forward in the LAC region before Brazil
adopts it :-)

For now I think it's a good idea to deploy an IRR service. It's quick
and easy if we're going to manage objects only by e-mail. But we need
to get some people from the LACNIC to speak with major tier-1 and
tier-2 providers because there are several of them that won't trust
objects from lesser-known sources (e.g. ALTDB and TC).

Luis