[lacnog] Reaching out to LACNIC members about their RPKI INVALID and unreachable prefixes (will affect their ability to reach Cloudflare)

Roque Gagliano rgaglian en gmail.com
Jue Sep 20 04:40:16 BRT 2018

Hi,

Personally, I think increasing awareness is always possitibe. However, my
prefer path would be to include these sort of reports in the already
existing inter-domain reporting systems so operator do not need to
subscribe to "yet another report". I know BGPMON does provide RPKI analysis
but I do not have a view on the rest of th popular tools out there.

Particularly, it has been under debate for many years if RIR should have
some sort of "routing police" role and asking members with an official
communication could generate some noise at the policy layer.

Maybe if you could make sure that all these existing reporting systems do
include alerts on RPKI invalid announcements.

Regards,
Roque

Disclaim: I now work at Cisco who now manages BGPMon.

At least I did something
Don Draper - Mad Men