[lacnog] FW: AT&T/as7018 now drops invalid prefixes from peers

Job Snijders job en ntt.net
Lun Feb 11 13:20:09 -02 2019

Dear all,

I figured this would be of interest to the group. One of the USA's
largest providers switched on an "invalid == reject" routing policy
based on RPKI.

Through deployments like these the benefits of creating RPKI ROAs become
more and more tangible.

Kind regards,

Job

----- Forwarded message from Jay Borkenhagen <jayb en braeburn.org> -----

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 09:53:45 -0500
From: Jay Borkenhagen <jayb en braeburn.org>
To: nanog en nanog.org
Subject: AT&T/as7018 now drops invalid prefixes from peers

FYI:

The AT&T/as7018 network is now dropping all RPKI-invalid route
announcements that we receive from our peers.

We continue to accept invalid route announcements from our customers,
at least for now.  We are communicating with our customers whose
invalid announcements we are propagating, informing them that these
routes will be accepted by fewer and fewer networks over time.

Thanks to those of you who are publishing ROAs in the RPKI.  We would
also like to encourage other networks to join us in taking this step
to improve the quality of routing information in the Internet.

Thanks!

						Jay B.

----- End forwarded message -----