[lacnog] Question about 240/4 space

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet en consulintel.es
Jue Jul 25 12:30:28 -03 2019

Hi Fernando,

Let’s suppose all the CE and network equipment work with that.

Let’s suppose only Windows XP and Vista has a problem with that.

Do you know how many clients in government networks and enterprises are still using those, not to mention home users …

I really think this will not be against IPv6 deployment, but at a minimum not helpful, and the effort required, consequently, better used in IPv6 deployment.

Every time we “just speak” about “we may extend a bit IPv4 lifetime” many decision makers say, “oh well, this is going on, one more reason not to rush into IPv6”.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet