[lacnog] Fwd: IPv6 Addressing Considerations

Fernando Gont fgont en si6networks.com
Vie Dic 11 13:10:31 -03 2020

Estimades,

Hemos publicado un nuevo IETF Internet-Draft.

Abajo pueden ver los detalles.

Sus comentarios serán bienvenidos.

Saludos cordiales, y gracias!
{F.,G.} Gont

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: IPv6 Addressing Considerations
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 13:07:04 -0300
From: Fernando Gont <fgont en si6networks.com>
To: IPv6 Operations <v6ops en ietf.org>

Folks,

We have published a new Internet-Draft entitled "IPv6 Addressing
Considerations".

It is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations-00.txt

The Abstract of the I-D is:

    IPv6 addresses can differ in a number of properties, such as scope,
    stability, and intended usage type.  This document analyzes the
    impact of these properties on aspects such as security, privacy,
    interoperability, and network operations.  Additionally, it
    identifies challenges and gaps that currently prevent systems and
    applications from leveraging the increased flexibility and
    availability of IPv6 addresses.

We have discussed this topic with some of you off-list, and part of
those comments still need to be incorporated (apologies for the delay!).

However, we felt that this -00 version already contains quite a bit of
material for discussion. (and given that there have been other recent
threads related to IPv6 addressing on this list and on 6man@, we felt it
would be timely to get this -00 version posted now).

Your comments will be very welcome.

Thanks!

Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks