[lacnog] Fwd: [EDDI] Mozilla launches comment period to inform DoH plans

Juliana Guerra juliana en derechosdigitales.org
Mie Dic 16 15:19:05 -03 2020

Buenas tardes,

A propósito de las discusiones que se han dado en esta lista, sobre las
alternativas de DNS encriptado, quería compartirles este llamado que
hace Mozilla, si es que no lo han recibido en otras listas, y saber si
alguien aquí tiene interés en enviar comentarios o qué opinion tienen al
respecto. Desde Derechos Digitales haremos comentarios enfocados en
temas de seguridad y privacidad en línea, pero considero que hay otros
puntos mucho más enfocados en la experiencia de operadores. ¿Alguna
opinión al respecto?

Saludos!

Juliana G

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [EDDI] Mozilla launches comment period to inform DoH plans
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 01:01:05 -0800
From: Eric Rescorla <ekr en MOZILLA.COM>
To: ENCRYPTED-DNS en LISTS.ENCRYPTED-DNS.ORG

Hi folks,

I wanted to give this list an update on our DoH rollout and our TRR
program.

Currently we have DoH enabled for our US users. As described at [0],
we check to see if the local network has an associated TRR resolver
(currently this works with Comcast) and if not use the default TRR
(currently Cloudflare).

We are now exploring rolling out to other jurisdictions. As part of
that process, we’re starting an open comment period to gather feedback
and ideas about how we could optimise our DoH program, specifically
the policies that apply to our TRR partners, as we expand it to new
regions. For more background on our TRR program and why we believe it
is critical to our work on DoH, see [1]. We’re launching that comment
period today and it will run until January 4 2021. You can find the
questions and submit comments at [2].

-Ekr

[0]
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2020/06/26/more-details-on-comcast-as-a-trusted-recursive-resolver/