[lacnog] The Great AFRINIC Heist -- The Enablers

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg en tristatelogic.com
Jue Ene 30 19:03:06 GMT+3 2020

In message <e07e11ed-afe2-3834-931d-c51fa332fd66 en gmail.com>, you wrote:

>Agree about trying to contact Transit providers to stop routing these

I never suggested such action.

My own limited experiences with Tier-1 providers indicates to me that,
gnerally speaking, they don't really care what any of us "little people"
do so long as they continue to be paid for the bandwidth they provide.

What I requested in my prior posting here was help from people who are
willing to make contact with the individual AS operators within your
region, and them informing those AS operators of the facts of this
case and the fact that they are routing stolen IP space.

If someone or several someones within the LACNIC region could do that,
then I believe that could be most helpful.

>- I have checked some of the prefixes that are in that list in some of
>the known IRRs and in fact they are still there. Has contact been tried
>with them to clean up that information from there and what were they
>response about ?

The IRRs are an entirely different part of the problem, of course.

At present, the one and only IRR that I am personally aware of and that
is still retaining route objects in their data base for stolen AFRINIC
IPv4 blocks is RADB.

I have, on multiple previous occasions, sent emails to RADB. begging them
to remove these route objects and to ban the individuals who placed those
fradulent route objects into the RADB data base, but my emails went
unanswered.  It is therefore now time for someone else to try contacting
them about this issue.  Maybe they will pay some attention to someone
else.  They have paid no attention at all to me.

Regards,
rfg